Saturday, July 6, 2013

Kiki Delivers

Well, I have some good news. Kiki came through on her promise to move into town, and she's now a proud resident of Mymeara. She still has a lot of unpacking to do, but I was glad just to see her again. I was honestly skeptical if she would come, but it seems she enjoyed her vacation and her chats with me so much, she just had to become a permanent resident.

It seems that the campsite we installed really does justify its expense. Not only is it becoming more popular, but every person it convinces to move into the town is a boon that we really need to help keep moving things forward.

In other good news, it turns out I was right on the mark about Redd's merchandise yesterday. After careful scrutiny, Blathers happily admitted the painting I had purchased to the museum. The artwork wing is definitely the part of the museum that is recovering the slowest, but there simply aren't a lot of ways to rush access to original works of art. Redd would happily foist forgeries on us, but Blathers' standards (and my own) won't allow us to display anything that isn't genuine. It's going to take a long time to stumble across all the pieces that had been sold to try and keep the museum alive.

Today's other event of note was Butch wanting to stop by for a visit at my house. I wouldn't let him into the room I'm still just using for storage, though he had nice things to say about the rooms I allowed him into, despite most of them still just being piles of random stuff I like. I just haven't had the ability to track down coherent furniture themes or anything yet, but I'm looking forward to what I can do with so much space once I finally manage to track down all the furniture I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment