Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Super T&T

Figures, right after I talk about how the weather is drying up, we get the biggest storm since I moved to town. It was a fierce thing, and if not for my responsibilities to check on the town, I'd have spent the entire day indoors.

Braving the rain, I headed for the newly remodeled Super T&T. The Nookling brothers had finished their renovations, and the store was now larger than ever before, though I doubted they'd be able to expand again, as the store was eating up every available bit of land.

The inside was just as impressive. They had nearly doubled their inventory of daily items, and the shop didn't feel as cramped as it used to. They even had a small stock of shopping carts to help with lugging your purchases around.

The work times of the two brothers had changed along with the store, so I congratulated Tommy on the store's expansion, did a bit of token shopping to show my support, and then headed out. I wanted the day over with as soon as possible.

On my way back into town, I couldn't help but stop by The Roost café. The rain and wind were cutting right through my clothes, and I was getting cold, and I figured a nice cup of coffee would be amazingly helpful. I was certainly right on that point. The cup Brewster served me was a different blend than the previous one, and between the raw temperature and the warm qualities of the coffee's flavor, I felt reinvigorated in no time at all. As far as I'm concerned, Brewster earned every bell the town invested in his business with that single cup.

I'm not sure why anyone would go camping in the kind of weather we had today, but we indeed had a new visitor at the campsite. After such a long time of it sitting empty, it was really rewarding to see it finally getting so much use. Our visitor's name was Kiki, and she seemed to really like the town. In fact, she liked it so much, that after our chat, she decided she was going to go home right away and make preparations to move into town. I suppose it's possible her mind will change, but I suppose I'll have to keep an eye out in the coming days to see if she really does decide to move in. If so, I'd finally have confirmation that the investment we had made in the campsite was really paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment