Sunday, July 7, 2013

New HHA Rules

It was kind of a slow day today, though I'll comment on what little did happen.

Lyle, the representative of the HHA, dropped by this afternoon. Now that my home was entirely paid off, free and clear, he was inviting me to join an exclusive branch of the HHA. Instead of a simple points system based on your own tastes in furniture, they would set up themes for you to try and match, and would even consider your home's exterior in the valuation. It sounded interesting, so I signed up, though I think it'll be a long time before I actually manage to win any kind of recognition. While my exterior is finished, my interior design has a long way to go, still.

The only other thing of note was that I ran into K.K. Slider at the Roost, trying to chill before his gig started for the night. Away from the stage, he really is a much more sociable guy, and we had a pleasant chat over coffee. Seems he's been slowly growing out of a sort of anti-commercialized hipster phase, which is one of the reasons he accepted the DJ position at Club LOL. He was even thinking of starting to sell his music for a profit soon, something he had never done before despite high demand. I was looking forward to it, because while the free CDs he gave out at shows were nice, there were simply never enough of them to go around. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I finished paying off my loan yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete